A lovely and functional outdoor space requires dedicated lawn care, Fairfield, CT professionals say. Fertilization, mowing, regular watering, weeding, and pest control—all these efforts never fail to yield positive outcomes. With committed care and maintenance, you and your family can be sure that your lawn or garden is a complete asset and not a liability to you as homeowners.
But apart from these efforts, you can further elevate the beauty and functionality of your outdoor space by carefully introducing a few structural elements that will not only highlight the natural aesthetics of your lawn and garden, but at the same time, also increase the activities you can enjoy in this outdoor space. Decorators have rounded up their top five stylish garden implements that will turn any lawn and garden into a complete outdoor oasis for the family.
- All-weather furniture –These can instantly transform your lawn into a charming space for entertaining. The collection will serve your family really well on good weather days when staying outdoors is most ideal. While it’s nice to hang out and sit on the grass, you won’t have to worry about grass stains and dirt on your clothes if you have seats strategically located in your lawn.
- Outdoor lighting – It will make sure that your outdoor space is functional even on a pitch-black night. Everything from sparkly lights strung around the trees to standing lamps, to gas lamps hanging from the trees, will provide delightful illumination to your lawn and garden. Aside from illumination, outdoor lighting can also increase security within your property (properly lit homes are less prone to break-in), as well as provide sculpted light to further beautify the space.
- Fireplaces or pits – These will easily turn cold, dark nights into opportunities for cozy outdoor gatherings involving the whole family. Instead of heading to the beach for a bonfire, the family can have its own in the yard; you can make s’mores, roast hotdogs, and tell stories (both spooky and non-spooky).
- Pergola – This is a nice structural element that can boost the aesthetics of lawns and also create a little shaded area for the outdoor space that can likewise accommodate other garden implements such as hanging plants, climbing vines, et cetera.
- Barbecue grill – This is another item that can increase the utility and value of the space. Find a nice place for it in your garden, and outdoor food preparation and dining become easier—especially if you grow a few edible plants in your garden.
About the author: Kenneth Lawrence is a passionate “handyman”. His craft involves DIY concepts. But he also values the importance of getting expert help whenever necessary. He likes to share guidelines and tips about stuff on home improvement. He visits sites like http://www.shannonlandscaping.com. He writes and reads almost anything that can hone his skills and increase his knowledge about home improvement and construction.