Most of the time, landscaping is carried out for aesthetic purposes. Property owners want their outdoor space to be visually appealing because lovely surroundings have a direct impact on people’s sense of wellness.
In addition to that, the beautification effort also makes the space functional. With proper landscaping, you automatically get a venue for entertaining and recreational activities. Outdoor entertaining is all the rage these days and if you have a landscaped lawn or garden, you can turn your home into the hub of enjoyment for your own family and friends. This is a great opportunity to save money because it’s always more economical to eat and play games at home than to meet up with friends at the mall.
Suffice it to say, landscaping is a greatly beneficial effort, but the good things it yields do not stop with those. Listed below are other “gains” you can expect from landscaping; lawn care professionals share five.
- Statistics reveal that landscaping can yield 100% return on investment upon property resale. It can influence the market value of properties, and when you do decide to sell one day, you can recoup the amount you’ve spent on lawn care and landscaping. That means there’s no money wasted on this effort.
- Real estate experts say that homes with landscaping sell 15% faster. It’s for this reason that whenever they stage properties for an open house, they allocate a considerable portion of the budget toward improving the look of lawns and gardens.
- Strategic landscaping can actually help reduce energy consumption within the home. If you place deciduous trees near your house, they’ll provide enough shade during the hottest hours of the day. Meanwhile, during the winter, they can divert the coldest winter winds. These can help your HVAC system create the ideal interior climate much faster. The result is reduced energy use, which can thenimpact your energy bill.
- You can reduce your carbon footprint by planting fast-growing forest trees in your property. A single forest tree is known to absorb 48 lbs of carbon dioxide a year. Therefore, if you want good quality air where you live (which is crucial to health), integrating these trees in your landscape design will help significantly.
- Landscaping raises the selling price of homes by 4% to 5%.
Indeed, landscaping is no superfluous expenditure that’s merely focused on achieving beauty. It is a fantastic investment every property owner should consider because of the great returns it can yield.
About the author: Kenneth Lawrence is a passionate “handyman”. His craft involves DIY concepts. But he also values the importance of getting expert help whenever necessary. He likes to share guidelines and tips about stuff on home improvement. He visits sites like http://www.greenacresgroup.net.