Some people like to plant vegetable sin their garden rather than fruits. This is in fact a very good ideas as it will ensure that you not only enjoy the process but at the same time you get some herbs or berries handy. There are various ways by which you can grow the edible vegetable garden and one such way is to grow it in your terrace if you have a large terrace. Apart from this here are few tip that will help you grow the right vegetable garden.
- First choose the plant that you want to grow. It is better that you choose those types of plants that can be consumed on a daily basis. Herbs, tomatoes or berries are few such plants that you can grow and enjoy the fruit of it daily. If you have a family that enjoys pizza every day then growing such plants is a very good idea. Whenever you need, you can take some herbs and use it to prepare the dishes.
- The next step will be preparing bed. The soil bed has to match with eth requirement of eth plant therefore first decide what plant you will grow and then according to it prepare the soil bed. Make sure that the soil is fertile enough and has all the requirements to ensure a healthy growth of plants.
- Every plant requires the right sunlight and the right water to thrive. Do a research on the amount of sunlight required by your plant. If the terrace is too big and there are no surrounding trees to provide sunlight to your plants then you have to prepare on such shade. If you live a very hot place where the sun is very harsh during the after noon then you have to ensure that your pant does not die in the scorching sun.
- The next important thing is to make sure that the plants get the right amount of water. If you do not get the required water then it will die away or will not give fruits. For this ensure that the soil has the right acidity level so that it can drain away the excess water. You also have to make sure that the soil is not very tight as it will keep water in it for long period of time which is not good for the plant.
- Every plant requires the right fertilizer so that it can grow properly and give you the right fruit. Ensure that you provide the right fertilizer and also in the right quantity. If you are adding too much fertilizer then it will harm your plant.
These were the few basic things that you need to ensure to make sure that what ever plantation you do , it will grow and give you the desired result. If you are not sure about certain aspects of it then you must contact your local gardener he will help you in the same.