The differences between a small and a large garden are numerous, but they also have plenty of common characteristics. Each of the small and the large gardens provides its own unique advantages and often it depends just on the viewpoint whether your urban garden is small or large. The large gardens are located usually outdoors – in the backyard or adjacent to the house. Yet you can keep a small greenhouse or a patio with its own unique garden landscaping as a separate small garden or something like a garden in the garden. On the other hand, the small gardens are located usually indoors or on the terrace/on the porch/on the roof. They can vary from gardening in modular structures to a small collection of pots and baskets with flowers in one corner of the room. Check out some tips and advises if you plan to start your own small or large garden.
– Use the walls as a landscape for gardening instead of the valuable floor area. You can always combine both, but there are plenty of effective and yet brilliant ways to transform the walls into vertical gardens. For instance, let’s take the modular structures – they let you to choose the forms and shapes of the structure so it can fit to every room and interior design. The modules can sit on top of each other, as well as conjunct with shelves and other modules, to follow the curves of the walls and the angles, etc. Or else, let’s take the small gardens in a frame structure – they let you to choose the size of the frame so to make a dense natural curtain or green colors or a more transparent natural landscape. Other great ideas for gardening in a vertical orientation include: a metal or iron sculpture; hanging baskets on the walls; bottles with flowers on the walls, on the window frames, on the stairs, etc.
– Pay more attention when choosing the pots. The pots are very important to the entire design of your small home garden, that’s why they should be in the perfect size, colors and materials. If you want to change or improve the old pots – then, wrap them in colorful bags to make an illusion like the floor is full of colorful bags with flourishing flowers.
– Make yourself a schedule for patio cleaning and garden maintenance. Include the most essential activities that should take place on a different time basis like once a week, once a month and once a season. Try to follow your schedule and update it every year with information about the first and last frosts, the most rainy days, and others.
– The small gardens are perfect for sawing a vast array of plants, including veggies, herbs, flowers or even exotic plants. Just about everything except the large trees and other large plants with invasive roots. For example, check out some common veggies for a patio garden: carrots, tomatoes, beans, spinach, onion and radishes.
– Plant more flowers if you want a more colorful and scented landscape. The flowers require more cares and it is essential to saw only good quality seeds.