A well-kept patio adds beauty to the exterior of your home, and it makes for a great place for outdoor gatherings. However, patios can become unkempt and dirty rather easily, since they’re exposed to the elements. Use these 5 tips to keep your patio clean all year.
- Make sure you have the proper tools and products. A patio cleaning solution, or even just plain bleach, can help with unsightly stains, a stiff brush helps to scrub away dirt, and a hose or a pressure washer can rinse off any residue. In addition to this, invest in some gloves and protective eyewear to protect yourself from the corrosive chemicals involved in patio cleaning. The cleaners used there can be quite harmful and you want a safe solution.
- Keep on top of the cleaning. The longer you neglect cleaning the patio, the more work it will take to clean it when you finally get around to it. Scrub the patio regularly, and sweep it frequently in between scrubbings. The best way to go about that is to have a schedule. If you clean regularly and diligently, the patio will never go dirty.
- Minimize the amount of patio furniture you own. A few stylish and functional pieces of patio furniture are nice, but too many furniture items on the patio can make it harder to clean and maintain. Plus, each individual piece of furniture needs to be cleaned frequently as well. Sometimes small and practical beats quantity and lushness. Think minimalistically and decide what you really need in the patio and what you do not.
- Remove weeds as soon as possible. Weeding frequently prevents potential damage to the patio stones. You can even employ trustworthy cleaning companies to come over and jet wash all the problematic areas away. This will keep weeds at bay and will save you a lot of overgrowing trouble in the long run.
- Hire professional gardeners to deep clean the patio. Sometimes dealing with weeds and plants that you have purposefully left on your patio can be a difficult task for the average homeowner, so if the patio gets too dirty, professionals are the best bet to get it clean again.
If you have the proper tools and stay on top of all the little tasks involved in the process, keeping your patio clean all year isn’t too hard. In fact, sweeping the patio can be a great way to enjoy the beautiful weather. And if you just feel lazy to do it, simply hire the right cleaning agency and have no worries – they will handle everything. There is always a solution for this problem.